The Light Music club and their friends celebrate Christmas at Yui's home.
- Little Yui’s shirt in the opening flashback scene reads “oyatsu” (“snack”). Her pyjamas say “oyasumi” (“goodnight”).
- Yui’s shirt while decorating the Christmas tree: “Milk Girl”. The yellow one she wears later reads “Policeman”.
- Ritsu gets hit on the head once, for scaring Mio.
- Yui gets hit on the head (by Ritsu!) for wishing for cakes instead of something that would benefit the Light Music Club.
- Sawako is single as of this episode – and stays that way.
Episode is based primarily on the ninth 4-koma chapter. It sticks very close to the original material, adding only some additional Yui/Ui interaction (including the opening flashback scene). The final scene where the group visits the shrine is based on the tenth chapter, but is actually a shortened version compared to the manga, leaving out a few gags and rearranging the order of others.
OST tracks used:
- unknown track* - 0:00-2:06
- Ii Yume Mite ne - 4:16-4:47
- Have some tea? - 4:57-6:49
- Obaa-chan no Tansu - 7:11-8:32
- Happy languidness - 9:48-10:22
- Kendama-kun - 10:24-10:28
- Koneko no Ensoukai - 10:47-12:08
- Dead soldiers(Wara) - 13:07-14:10
- Tea at the night of Christmas - 15:43-17:24
- Genki! - 18:07-18:48
- Ginsekai no Asa. - 19:13-19:57
- unknown track* - 20:19-21:21
- Gatten da! - 21:53-22:09
* listed simply as “unknown track” because it is not included on any K-On! OST album.
This episode is notable for devoting some time to Ui and showing a bit more of the Hirasawa sisters’ relationship. Some might think it’s too sugary sweet and cutesy, and an unrealistic portrayal of siblings – which is true enough, but hey… this is the fantasy world of K-On!. There’s also plenty of laughs to be found here, especially after Sawako’s mysterious appearance at the Christmas party, and Mio being “ruined for marriage” for the second episode in a row had me laughing out loud.