Friday, December 21, 2012

New CD box set announced

Okay, I always kind of figured there’d probably be some sort of “best of K-ON!” album or something released at the end of the franchise’s run, but I never expected they’d release a 12 disc box set containing a whopping 258 tracks, which is what the official site announced today.

“K-ON! MUSIC HISTORY'S BOX” will be released on March 20th, featuring the OST and opening/ending/insert songs from both TV seasons as well as the movie, plus character songs as well as – for the first time on CD – the versions from the “K-ON! Ho-kago Live!!” PSP/PS3 game.

Not included in the release are tracks from the Band Score CDs, the Radion! shows, or any of the instrumentals. Nevertheless, it seems this box set will cover the basics and then some, and at the relatively tolerable price tag of 19,800 yen it sounds like quite a good deal for any fan who has yet to break their wallet collecting every K-ON! CD in existence like a sucker (unlike me, who will of course happily throw money at this release regardless).

Thanks ultimatemegax for the heads-up.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I'll be able to pass this one up, either. :-)

    Any suggestions on where might be the best place (for someone in the U.S.) to preorder this from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't live in the U.S., so I suppose I can't really help you there. Don't know enough about how importing works there, I'm afraid. To be honest, I haven't decided yet where I'm going to preorder this from myself.

      Delete
    2. I can't find anywhere where it is currently under $200. That means that you will probably have to pay customs fees. Not sure how much they are since I've always managed to stay below that. Currently it looks as if Amazon.co.jp is the best place to order, but I'm waiting to see if the price drops anywhere else.

      Delete
    3. Amazon is probably the way to go. Right now, I'm leaning towards ordering it from them.

      Delete